Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Frustration

     I am stinking frustrated right now. It is a petty thing but it is something that is just building like a storm inside of me.  I love to travel and unfortunately, I married a man who would rather sit at home on the couch than travel.  His idea of traveling is to go try a cafe or something in a small town less than three hours from home.  
     I know my family reads this and I am probably offending someone but the fact that I am excited about a week long trip to Ruidoso, New Mexico in the middle of summer is sad. I love my family but they are not the reason I am excited about this trip. I am excited because I actually get to go somewhere that is not close to home, is going to be an actual vacation, and is not in Texas. Finally.
     There are people going on cruises, going to California, Colorado, Vermont, Canada, Cancun, etc. that's just my family.  I have taken up watching the Love Boat just so that I can imagine going some place.
      My husband keeps telling me when the kids a rout of college we will travel. Well, my one in college just announced the other day that he has three more years of college! All I could think was, "Well, crud." I have suggested trips to Oklahoma, to the coast, some place.  But all I get is "when the kids are out of college."
      Once in a while I would like to just get away. I got excited when we went to Fredricksburg recently to see the rocket launch because I got to go somewhere.  Grant you it was still in Texas, it was three and half hours away, and it was a place we go to often. But I got to stay in a hotel for the night (cheap and this side of scummy but a hotel.)
      I know this all sounds stupid but I just want the chance to go see some place other than what I see constantly. I would love to see the White House, the Washington monument, the smithsonian, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and other places. 
      My husband thinks I am kidding when I told him this but I am not. I told him that I am going to start taking trips on my own so I can actually travel.  He doesn't realize just how serious I am.  I can save my pennies so he had better watch it.
      My frustration is showing and I apologize but sometimes, you just have to say words out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment