Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wrong Number

     I loved the day when Facebook integrated my phone with my friends.  I discovered that an old childhood friend was now on my list.  He and I had grown up together since grade school and then we ended up going to the same college.  I had lost track of him over the years but thanks to Facebook, we connected again.  He had been a chaplain in the military and was now serving as a pastor locally.  I immediately added his name and number to the Sunday texts.
     After about 3 weeks, I suddenly received a strange phone call one Sunday afternoon.  The lady on the other end was irate.  She informed me that I was to quit harassing her mother with my texting.  I was baffled.  I didn't know this lady nor did I remember texting her mother.  I asked her to give me the number and I would remove it.  She did.  I made a note to look for the number.  I couldn't find that number anywhere in my phone so I just went on with my life.  The next Sunday, I sent out my text.  That afternoon, I received another call.  I explained to the same lady that I didn't know her mom nor her.  She was adamant that I had texted her.  I hung up with her and immediately the phone rang.  It was the lady (I will call her Mrs. W.) who the daughter had been calling me about.  She was whispering.  She told me that I was to keep sending her the texts.  She loved them.  She gave me a new phone number and said no matter what I was to keep them coming.  They were blessing her and she would not allow her daughter to dictate who she got messages from.
     As I looked at the number, I realized that my friend who I thought I was sending Sunday texts to all along was actually Mrs. W.  All this time, she had been receiving my texts.  I started laughing.  I was amazed as well.  Here I thought I was just reaching out to people I knew and there was this lady, whom I had never met, didn't know anything about, and she was receiving what God had placed on my heart.
    Mrs. W. has been on my list for the last 2 years and every once in a while I hear from her with a prayer request.  Again, I have never met this lady and I am pretty sure I will never meet this lady until I get to heaven.  She makes me smile when she calls.  She has such a sweet spirit about her.  
    I never did find out my friend's correct number and I am not sure that I ever was suppose to.  I just know that through a wrong number, a lady is being blessed by God's messages I send out and I am being blessed by her and her willingness to keep hearing. 
    Be blessed and know I am always praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment