Thursday, March 27, 2014

Burdens

    Right now, I drive an hour one way to get to work.  So, during that time, I have conversations with God.  I try really hard to make sure not to gripe or complain about things.  Then it struck me.  My burdens which seem absolutely huge to me are actually a little bitty thing when you think about ALL the burdens that God has to deal with.  I almost stopped my car when I thought about that.  My burdens which tend to weigh me down and make me miserable are just a speck of what God deals with.  
    He has to deal with all of us sinning and doing what I call "being stupid".  Then there is the people who are trashing His name and twisting His words.  On top of all that there are the people who are not committing to Him or refusing to acknowledge Him.  That is just the tip of the iceberg.  God has to deal with burdens that are beyond my ability to comprehend.  It blew my mind trying to even fathom a small part of what He has to deal with.
    I feel blessed to know that I don't have to carry my burdens around with me although Satan would absolutely love it if I did.  Satan reminds me daily, and sometimes hourly of the stuff I have done, decisions I have made, and all the mistakes that he can find to bring up.  BUT (our pastor's favorite word) In Matthew 11:28 God says, "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  He then goes on to say in Matthew 11:30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  I love this!  I see hope, comfort, peace, and light in these words.  It is such an encouragement to me and my soul to know that God's way is so much better than anything here on earth.
    Even though Satan tries his hardest to keep reminding me of my wrongdoings (trust me I am the farthest thing from perfect), I keep reminding myself that I am a child of God and that I have laid down my burdens and my sins at the foot of the Cross and they are no more.  God says so!!  It is such a glorious feeling to know that the weight of the burden does not have to stay on my shoulders but that God gave us a solution for that by having His son die on the cross for us.  We have to believe with all our heart and mind and soul that God is the one true way and that there is nothing else and no one else that can help us than God the Father.
   I have told you before that there are words that have to be said and I can't hold them in.  It may not be in any grammatically correct form or writing style but that isn't really the point is it?  The point is that you have a choice to make.  Continue to carry your burdens, sorrows, woes, sins, etc and try to do it all on your own or give it ALL to God and let Him give you rest.  Which will you choose?
    Be blessed and I am always praying.

1 comment: