Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Faith

     “Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”  Hebrews 11:1.  God is asking us to trust Him COMPLETELY.  Have faith.
     (This is the very first Sunday text that I sent out.  Like I said previously, I was trying to stay within the 140 characters then.) 
       My grandparents, parents, Sunday School teachers, pastors, etc. have taught me over the years that I should have the faith of a mustard seed. In Matthew 17:14-20 Jesus tells the disciples that  "...if you have the faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.  Nothing is impossible for you."  I have dreamed of having that much faith.  That would be so absolutely amazing!!!!  That would mean that I have complete and total faith.  Unfortunately, I haven't moved any mountains and I fall flat on my face more times than not when I try to walk in faith.  I am a human, fleshly, and totally imperfect.  That is why I am so, so, so glad that I have God with me, in my heart, and surrounding me at all times.
       I am learning more and more to step out on faith without asking God, "Are you sure?"  First of all, YES HE IS SURE!  He wouldn't have asked me to do something if He wasn't.  Secondly, we need to rely and trust in Him completely and totally and definitely without question.  It is a constant process for me to stand on faith.  Satan attacks my finances, my family, my life in general and I have to continue to remember that my faith is in God and not the things of this world. I have to have faith.  I wouldn't make it without faith.  I would be a basket case without faith.  Faith is one of those things that you have to do with your heart.
       Over and over again, there are examples of people who had faith in God and did what He asked.  Over and over we see the results of that faithfulness.  Abraham offering up his son, Moses following God's instruction and leading the people out of Egypt, the Israelites marching around the walls of Jericho, David, Samuel, Samson, Gideon, Ruth, Esther, and I could go on and on.  There is example after example of people who heard God tell them to do something and without thinking twice about doing what He asked.  
       I want that kind of faith.  I want to be like these examples.  I want to be a person who walks in faith without a second thought.  God asks this simple thing of us.  He has a plan for each and everyone of our lives and He knows what is going to happen, how it is going to happen, and when it is going to happen.  That is why He tells us over and over again--"Trust Me.  Have Faith in Me."  
      Do you have faith in God?  Do you trust Him?  Are you willing to walk with Him and allow Him to guide your every step?  It is what He asks.  Can you do it?  Will you do it?   Be blessed.
I am always praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment