Wednesday, April 9, 2014

God's 2x4

     I am so blessed beyond measure!  Recently, I was shown just how blessed I am.  
     I tell God constantly that He has to hit me on the head with a 2x4 so that I can hear Him.  I know that He gives us signs and words and people in our lives to give us His message but I am not good at reading these things so I ask Him to really let me know loudly, so to speak.
      This particular adventure all started with a message from a friend that there was an opening for an English teacher at a school close to my home.  The message came as I was leaving work.  I was so excited!  I started praying immediately.  I talked to God and I told Him that I seriously wanted the English job but if He wanted me to stay where I was then I would gladly stay there.  I told Him that it was going to be totally in His hands but He was going to have to "hit me with 2x4" so that I was clear about what I was to do.  I told Him I was going to go on faith and I knew that whatever He had for me then it was going to be amazing.
      The next night, I had a dream.  In this dream I could only see half of everything.  I knew I was chasing a trash truck.  All the sudden a police car came around me and over the loud speaker, the voice kept saying, "I have this.  You can stop now."  The voice said it 3 times.  On the third time, I hit something really hard and everything went white.  As the white cleared up, I could see through what appeared to be foggy glass.  I could see my current co-workers but they could not see or hear me.  I woke up feeling somewhat confused.  I shared this dream with my husband because sometimes a dream is just a dream.  He pondered on it for a bit and then told me that it was interesting and maybe we should just wait and see.  My antenna went up.  I started praying and asking God to show me the meaning of this dream.
      On the Friday of that week, I was called into a meeting.  I was given some news and told that I would have to make a choice.  Without hesitating, I made the choice.  I stressed over telling my family but finally, I did.  Their reaction took me by surprise.  They were so supportive and so comforting.  The stress fell away and peace came over me.
      I told God that I was in His hands completely on this journey and wherever He guided me to go then that would be it.  I knew that this was going to be a huge step for me because I stress and worry and freak out over just about everything.  This time, I wasn't doing that.  That is when it hit me.  The dream.  This was God saying to me, "I have this.  You can stop."  It was such a lightning bolt!  I was excited and I started just praising God for this.
      I started applying for jobs.  Job after job came open that I was more than qualified for.  I knew it was early in the year and that there would be lots of openings as the school year came to a close.  I prayed and thanked God daily for the opportunity to start fresh and to be closer to home.  About 2 weeks later, I got a call.  Could I come for an interview for Special Ed teacher?  I said yes and prepared to get ready for this interview.  (I hate interviewing because I feel so exposed).  
      Last Friday, I went to the interview.  I got there early (Mrs. Sebesta always told us, "To be early is to be on time and to be on time is to be late.").  They took me in immediately.  The principals and I met and talked for what seemed to be a short time but in reality it was 45 minutes.  (That is a good interview!)  Towards the end of the interview, I mentioned that I had resigned and was walking on faith for a new job closer to home. They told me that one way or another I would be notified of their decision.  I left feeling strange.  Not happy or sad.  I can't explain the feeling.
     On Monday morning, I told God, I wasn't sure how I felt about the interview but that I would know in my heart it was His hand guiding me no matter what.  At 9:30am, my phone rang.  It was the school I had interviewed with.  They offered me the job.  Without hesitation, I heard a loud "yes" in my heart and so I answered, "Yes!"  The principal gave me some information then she said, "You are right to let God guide your path like this.  I am excited to work with you!"  God had spoken through this lady to me.  I had listened and He had answered my prayers.  I started crying.  Tears of joy, relief, and praise!  I cried every time I spoke of this.  
     So you see, I am blessed beyond measure.  God honored my faithfulness and my heart's desire to continue in the teaching field. He also showed me another lesson.  I love English but I am really and truly a Special Ed teacher. I always go for the underdog and I have a burning desire to help those kids who struggle.  Another heart lesson that He wanted me to learn.
      I didn't let my fears, worries, freak outs rule me.  I trusted in God and put my faith, hopes, dreams, and desires into His hands.  That is the whole point here.  We have to step out and know that "He has this."
      Be blessed.  I am always praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment